Michael P. Monroe
Strategic, Sales Exec Cloud UCC & Managed Services, Information Technology and Services
Hi, I'm Michael Monroe. A strategic sales exec in UCC & Cloud managed services
Michael P. Monroe's Bio:
* Michael Monroe is an award winning, strategic sales executive with a career spanning over twenty years of domestic and international sales, business development, management and marketing. He has managed divisions of Global 1000, Fortune 500, INC.500 companies and built a successful startup company. Adept at developing & managing businesses building revenues from start up to run rates over $54M.
* He is a pioneer in selling technologies including IP telephony and unified communications, multi-channel contact center, cross platform collaboration, hosted business video and telemedicine (health presence), mobility, software as a service (SaaS), and networking.
* Develops visionary approaches to creating, packaging and articulating business cases for managed services - including cloud models and fee-based consultancies.
* Core competencies include developing and managing business P/L & sales teams, innovation and strategy formation, identifying emerging opportunities and capturing new markets, executing business turnarounds, acquisition targeting & due diligence.
Over the past ten years as he has been a Featured Presenter on Technology at Industry Events: Government & Business, Education and Technology (GBET); Microsoft Partner Conference; Howard University School of Business - MBA Program; Orange County Business Forum; Service Networks/ISPCON
Michael P. Monroe's Experience:
Director, Major Accounts at Glowpoint, Inc.November 2011 - October 2012
Responsible for driving revenue and growth for managed and hosted video solutions. Glowpoint provides cloud managed video services that make delivery of consistently high-quality videoconferencing and telepresence service as simple as the Internet, between any endpoint, network and business.
Solutions Rep/Brand Splst - TelePresence Video Com at IBMOctober 2009 - June 2011
Western US - Regional services sales leader for IBM's Cisco Telepresence practice. Video and collaborative communications consultant and solution architect to C-level execs at global enterprises.
Services Sales Leader - Integrated Com/GTS at IBM2008 - June 2011
Part of Western Region SME team responsible for client facing consulting engagements centered around IBM's suite of services and products in UC (Unified Com, IPTel, UM, Contact Center, Networking, Mobility, Wireless & Telecom Exp Mgmt)
Director of Sales at Neo Logic NetworksSeptember 2006 - November 2007
Southern California based VAR/ regional network integrator and consulting firm, targeting Enterprise accounts; Cisco advanced technology, IP communications certified and specialized partner.
Director, Channel Sales - Western Region at LiteScape TechnologiesJanuary 2005 - February 2006
o First executive chosen for new role requiring skills in sales/business development/marketing - simultaneously applied across multiple channels; ultimately accountable for prospecting, qualifying and closing of direct and indirect sales for a start up, XML based - IP telephony application software provider.
Dir. VAR Development at UCN, Inc.2004 - 2005
o New business launched by telecom carrier - first individual hired to lead sales, marketing and business development initiatives to develop a VAR channel to deliver advanced, IP based hosted contact center solutions to mid market accounts. Developed channel partnership agreements with Avaya, Cisco and Inter-Tel resellers.
Pres. and CEO at Enabl-R Networked SystemsSeptember 2001 - January 2003
* Responsible for raising $3.5M in capital from debt and private equity offering * Featured presenter at Service Networks/ISPCON Fall 2002 on using ROI to sell technology services
Sr. Dir. Business Partnerships & Marketing at VISTA, I.T.2003 - 2003
o Identified and lead the recruitment of complimentary partnerships including VARs, applications software providers and cooperative competitors; developed revenue actualizing relationships with Avnet Enterprise Solutions, SpeechWorks and Dimension Data o Participated in developing go to market strategy on several key technologies for addition to the VISTA solution portfolio including: Avaya - Interaction Center, IP Office and Microsoft CRM, Cisco - Internet Service Node (ISN), Internet Protocol Contact Centers (IPCC) Enterprise & Express and Intelligent Contact Manager (ICM).
Asst. V.P., Business Development at Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC)December 2000 - September 2001
* Managed sales and marketing with P&L responsibility for Ingram Micro and Cisco Systems accounts. * Business Developer and Sales Executive focused on outsourced professional services opportunities in US enterprises. Providing planning, design, implementation, training, and support of applications for voice/video/data over IP, unified messaging, multi-device/multi-network wireless, building broadband solutions and telecommunication operations support systems.
VP, Sales and Marketing at SAICSeptember 1999 - December 2000
* Managed sales & marketing P/L for a $35M consultative, network integrator and VAR division of Global 1000.
Pres., CEO at Enabl-R Networked SystemsJune 1998 - September 1999
* Founder - responsible for raising $3.5M in capital for systems/network integration/services company.
Dir. & GM, Systems and Network Integration Group at El Camino Resources, Intl. Inc.August 1987 - June 1998
* Executive in charge of advanced networking, client/server and managed services division of INC.500 global leasing company. Served U.S, Pacific Rim, European and Latin American enterprise customers.
Sr. Sales Exec at Emulex1984 - 1987
storage systems for midrange computers
Principal at Independent (Unified Com & Collab) - Cloud Servs ConsultantDecember 2012 - Present
• Engages w/ C-level executives & owners of SMB clients on go-to-market strategy, channel readiness and enablement, sales targeting and execution - for UCC solutions: including subscription based, as a service delivery models (SaaS, IaaS and PaaS), machine to machine (M2M) applications and mobility. • Consulting results include sales & marketing launch of SaaS solution for a public safety, human resource management software firm; refined & scaled service to generate - from zero revenue to over 75 customers under subscription in less than 2 years
Michael P. Monroe's Education:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign1973 – 1977
Columbia University - Columbia Business School1996 – -CertificateConcentration: Exec. Leadership & Mgmt Program
Michael P. Monroe's Interests & Activities:
Family, Volunteer, Church & Community, Sports, Men's Fellowship , Leadership & Management, Sales & Business Development Consulting